Common Bond Real EstatePeople. Planet. Preservation.
Common Bond Real Estate is a real estate development company founded on the principles of historic preservation, community and social empowerment, and environmental sustainability. We firmly believe that the creative and appropriate reuse of our historic structures will lead to a more culturally rich and economically sustainable future for our cities. Common Bond’s first project will be a mixed-use adaptive reuse project called The Mattress Factory in Buffalo’s historic Hamlin Park neighborhood.
Who We Are
Jason Yots, Principal
Jason Yots formed Common Bond in 2011 to pursue the rehabilitation of historic buildings in Legacy Cities. Since 2008, Jason Yots has been a principal and the President of Preservation Studios, a Buffalo-based historic preservation consulting firm. Jason is an accomplished tax credit / real estate development attorney with nearly twenty years of professional experience, and is a partner in the Rochester-based law firm of Borrelli & Yots, which focuses on historic preservation and community economic development law. Jason lives in Buffalo with his wife and two sons.
- ‘Hamlin Park Mattress Factory Project’ – WGRZ Channel 2 News (Video / Text) (4/27/16)
- ‘Hamlin Park Mattress Factory Rehab Update’ – Buffalo Rising (4/15/16)
- ‘Building Update: Factory apartments planned near Canisius College’ – Buffalo News (4/14/16)
- ‘Mixed Use planned for 170 Florida Street’ – Buffalo Rising (4/13/16)
- ‘Mixed use development eyed for historic Florida Street warehouse’ – Buffalo Business First (4/11/16)